Monday, May 17, 2010

Another Monday

To start off the week I didn't have the most exciting of days, but I certainly learned a lot. I came into the office at around 9am to see what would come of this week, and right away I sat down with Bonnie Morris to learn about what the development office has to do to raise money every year. We talked about all the figures of the whole operation. The school brings in about 14 million a year and they want to have 15 million for developing Proctor, so the job of the development office is to raise that one million dollars to keep the school running and/or help finance new buildings or extraneous costs. Things like the music studio were all funded by what the development office raised. This year they are looking to have 235 donors with a donations of over one thousand dollars. For anyone that may be donating over a thousand dollars, they will get a phone call from the development office rather than just a letter in the mail, to make it more personal. These people that donate over a thousand are called box 1 donors and that is just because they donate the highest. Anyone else is either box 2, 3, or 4. For those people they will be sent a paper appeal or pamphlet, and they aren't as important as the box 1 people, but they certainly help. That was pretty much all I learned for today, it's a lot of information I know, but I'm glad I know how a non-profit organization like Proctor works now.

No comments:

Post a Comment